Azureus + Java 1.5 + FC3

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 19 08:18:22 UTC 2004

Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 18:46, Paul Howarth wrote:
>

> Thanks Paul for the suggestion, but I have to decline. I think it's not
> because I'm used to azureus, it's just the features of Azureus is much
> better compared to others.
>
> It's capability to queue is amazing. as well as to limit/rate/ban
> traffic. It's something else.
>
> I've just DL'ed blackdown's Java and i'm giving it a go.

I downloaded the 1.50 jre from Sun AFTER downloading 2.2.0.2 of Azureus.
   I then installed the jre.  I restarted Azureus and it detected Java
1.5 and ran.  I suspect the problem is with Azureus 2.2.0.0 and Java
1.5.  You can install, on the same system, both JRE 1.4.2 and JRE 1.5.
You then can set the JAVA_HOME directory to point to the appropriate
JRE.  I do not recommend running many Java programs at the same time due
to system resource concerns.

James McKenzie