FC3 stopped Neomail working

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Dec 19 17:32:19 UTC 2004

Am So, den 19.12.2004 schrieb Andrew Cocker um 7:06:

> I have had Neomail working beautifully for about six month on my Fedora Core
> 1 server but I upgraded from FC1 to FC3 and it stopped. Any attempt to login
> is unsuccessful.  It seems to be a permission thing.  I tried (temporarily)
> with all permissions set on /etc/shadow but this did not help.

From the freshmeat project site:

"NeoMail is a web-based email client written in Perl. It provides access
to a machine's local mail spools without requiring a POP3 server to be
running, and without giving users shell access."

So it is a webmail frontend.

1) Which mail server (MTA/LDA) is running to get and store the incoming
mail into the spool mboxes? And it still does so?

2) As Neomail files seem to reside below /var/Neomail your Apache2
configuration fits this?

3) As which user does Neomail normally run? The shown permissions for
/var/Neomail/* show root:mail which would be awful if a web based
application would run with root permissions.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:25:26 up 9 days, 13:06, load average: 0.20, 0.25, 0.24