List identification [fedora-list]

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Sun Dec 19 17:33:17 UTC 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 11:10:01AM -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 11:39:53AM -0500, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> > No thanks.  I'll stick with mutt and procmail.
>
> That's the only way I can keep track of so many lists.  No GUI client
> lets me process as many messages as quickly as mutt.  If I were to give
> up mutt, I'd have to give up half my mailing lists.
>
> > "Perfection is reached not when there is no longer anything to add,
> > but when there is no longer anything to take away." (A. Saint-Exupery)
>
> I once went to a presentation where the speaker apologized for the
> length of his speach because he said he didn't have enough prep time to
> make it shorter.

I believe he was quoting/paraphrasing Voltaire:
....<googling>....
Nope - Looks like it was Blaise Pascal (inventor of the first computer!)
or possibly even Cicero! (earlier)

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TimeToMakeItShort

Linux/Open Source:  Your infrastructure belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"
http://www.scaled.com/projects/tierone/
http://kinz.org
http://www.fedoratracker.org http://www.fedorafaq.org
http://www.fedoranews.org