Re: Java installation question

Gerhard Magnus wrote:
Which of these installations is recommended so that (1) Firefox can find
the Java plugin and (2) I don't damage any system version of Java that
may already be included in Fedora 3?

I won't recommend either, because (1) you have to put the symbolic link either in ~/.mozilla/plugins, or in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, and (2), there is no system version of Java distributed with Fedora 3 (licensing issues; note that you have to accept the Sun Microsystems Binary Code license agreement to download it).

Personally, I've just installed it in my home directory, but then I've got a single user machine.

Brian
--
Brian Richardson
Software Developer