Re: Java installation question

> I won't recommend either, because (1) you have to put the symbolic link
> either in ~/.mozilla/plugins, or in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, and (2),
> there is no system version of Java distributed with Fedora 3 (licensing
> issues; note that you have to accept the Sun Microsystems Binary Code
> license agreement to download it).

Too True, Too True...and Java ain't Solaris.

> Personally, I've just installed it in my home directory, but then I've
> got a single user machine.

This is a great solution for a single user machine.  If you happen to
like rpms, Dag's site has the 1.4.2 JRE on his site.  After installing
it and it's dependancies with apt-get, I've been able to run any Java
file, or web-page I've bumped into.  I didn't have to tweak a single
thing.  If you decide to use Sun's stuff, you'll probably have to make
the links by hand.

--andy