CD burning problem

M Daniel R M danes16subscrip3 at ya.com
Sun Dec 19 20:55:19 UTC 2004

> > [dishawjp at eunix ~]$ ls -l /dev/cd*
> > lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 3 Dec 19 05:30 /dev/cdrom -> hda
> > lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 3 Dec 19 05:30 /dev/cdrom1 -> hdb
> > lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 3 Dec 19 05:30 /dev/cdwriter -> hdb
>
> This confirms it.
>
> > [dishawjp at eunix ~]$ cat /etc/cdrecord.conf
> [snip]
> > cdrom=          /dev/cdrom      -1      -1      burnfree
>
> Replace /dev/cdrom with /dev/cdwriter.  You were trying to record on
> your reader, not your writer.

Yeah indeed, that's the difference between both, mine and your posts ...
I'm too a newbie, so what I can suggest you are only IDEAS, a few ideas,
no more..
Maybe what I'd do is to exchange the symbolic links in /dev/ that points
to hda and hdb; All in all, they are symlinks and if the change is wrong
you always can undo it. I'd delete both the first and the second one and
then:
	ln -s /dev/hda /dev/cdrom1
	ln -s /dev/hdb /dev/cdrom

... and write in /etc/cdrecord.conf  as it was before you changed it (as
you said that there weren't results), that is, like it appears above
yet.

Another thing I'd do it would be to reboot into your FC2 and have a look
calmly..

I regret can't be more useful..

Cheers

Daniel