X draw problem

Daniel Harrison dgharrison at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 01:34:36 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I recently upgraded (by doing a clean install) to Core 3, i seem to be
having a draw problem. Symptoms noticed:

1. I had to install in text mode as when anaconda had finished
verifying disks would attempt to start X server at which time i would
consistently get a screen full of garbage squiggles

2. Once installed using text mode the graphical boot only correctly
displays the active part of the screen, that is the blue line, the
spiral and the text, the rest is the same garbage i afore mentioned.

3. The login Screen works fine

4. Once i provide my user name and password the login screen remains
and the icons that would normally appear under the logo appear over
the top of the password box.

5. Once in the core i can select the applications menu but it doesn't
display until i mouse over each menu item.

The problem appears to me to be of a redraw nature. I previously had
Core 2 and every thing was fine.

My graphics card is on board and i believe it to be an Intel 810 (at
least that's what anaconda identifies it to be - but that may be where
the problem is...).

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to rectify it?

Regards,
Dan

--
Daniel Harrison