Low internet speed

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Dec 20 07:56:56 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 22:05 -0700, JonVO wrote:
> Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> >If even changing to a different ethernet device does not improve things,
> >there must be something else causing the trouble. To be sure you didn't
> >broke the loopback resolving, what's the content of your /etc/hosts
> >file?
> >
> ># Do not remove the following line, or various programs
> ># that require network functionality will fail.
> >127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
> >
> >It _must_ contain this line.

While I haven't tried a different ethernet device, I've noticed an error
on boot-up, right after the kernel is unpacked that reads:

unknown boolean httpd-tty-comm
Warning! error while reading /etc/selinux/targetted/booleans invalid
argument

That file's contents read:
httpd_enable_cgi=1
httpd_enable_homedirs=1
httpd_ssi_exec=1
named_write_master_zones=0
httpd_unified=1
httpd_tty_comm=0

Does this make sense to anyone?
Turning off IPV6 as suggested earlier, and the modification sysctl.conf
did not help.  A search on the above error yielded one other person also
looking for answers...