DNS Question

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Mon Dec 20 14:05:22 UTC 2004

Nathaniel Hall wrote:
> We are not able to push DNS updates to our ISP so we have to register
> through a page on their site.  Naturally, this takes a few days.  Our
> goal is to make it easier for us to create DNS entries in our DMZ DNS so
> that we can use the entry internally only.  Is there an easy way to send
> the query on to the ISP if the domain.com entry isn't found in the DMZ DNS?

Well, you know, there's absolutely nothing that says you must use DNS
service provided by your ISP.  For small fee, there are dozens of sites
that will be willing to be secondary DNS for you (so that you can push
the changes to them).

As for internal and external namespaces, take look into the "view"
configuration option.