General request .. Dismal performance of core 3 ..

Sundara Pandian sundru at hyperdryve.com
Mon Dec 20 17:09:27 UTC 2004

All,
This is a general request to Fedora developers and administrators,
Pl work on improving the performance of the OS, We were very disappointed in
the
core 3 performance, We have core 3 , suse9.1 and redhat es running on 3 seperate
machines with same hardware.
Core 3 is almost twice as slow as suse9.1 in terms of performance (boot,
application startup, java performance, samba etc) ..I am sure there is always
some way to tweak performance, but it would be great if it was made available
out of the box.
And before you guys say piss off, I am stating this for commercial viability of
an OS for redhat itself as fedora is seen as the forerunner for things to show
up in redhat products.
performance is the major selling points of an OS.
Small business with 50-100 users form majority of linux users. Recently there
was a big discussion to move to windows although all the Network engineering
group was against it, we started testing Fedora, suse9.1 and Fedora turned out
to be a big disappointment, we are running suse enterprise and suse 9.1 clients
now.
I hope this rubs the positive side of developers and all who manage this
project.

regards
Sundru