Error on eth0 after kernel update

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 20 21:56:08 UTC 2004

Maciek R. said:
> What I want to know either is: Is it important to keep your system up to
> date?

It depends if the update is just a feature update or a security update.

> Is it important to update my kernel - even if my hardware will not
> work after it?

Kernel updates are generally to fix security issues (important to update)
or to fix specific problems (not as important if it doesn't effect you).

Perhaps you can give us enough information on your issue that we can help.
 Start with what kind of network card you have.  Possibly the output of
some basic network commands:

ifconfig
route

The contents of /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0 would
probably help, too.

--
William Hooper