Not to whine, but...

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Dec 21 01:51:13 UTC 2004

Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> I recently posted a message to this list asking about an issue I'm having
> with my network card functioning sporadically under the 2.6.x.SMP kernel.
> No responses.
>
> I'm not upset about not receiving any responses, but I am curious: I've
> Googled on this issue until my fingers bleed, and I've found that there
> have been several other people who've experienced similar issues, but I
> have found no solutions to date.  When I browse archives of other lists
> where a similar problem is reported, no responses were offered there
> either.
>
> Is this an insignificant problem?  Or simply so rare that there has been
> no attention paid to it?  Did I ask my question badly and offend someone?

What type of network card are you using? Are you losing connections
completely or having packet loss type of errors? does your card have
some auto-negotiate setting that might cause mode shifting?

lspci should give information regarding your hardware.

btw - I did not see the other message posting.

Jim

--
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.