FC3: Gxine frozen

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Tue Dec 21 11:24:43 UTC 2004

Suddenly gxine froze, I used to listen to Virgin radio (see
http://www.virginradio.co.uk/thestation/listen/index.html ) by gxine
when surfing by Firefox, now I am not able to connect any longer. System
is a FC3 upgraded from FC2.

If I start the gxine package from a terminal I get:

server: trying to connect to already running instance of gxine
(/home/antoniomontagnani/.gxine/socket)...
connect: Connessione rifiutata
server: socket '/home/antoniomontagnani/.gxine/socket' created

This is the list of my installed packages.
    Package     Class     Description
    gxine 0.3.3-2.fr     Applications/Multimedia     A GTK based
frontend for the xine multimedia library.
    system-config-services 0.8.15-1     Applications/System
system-config-services is an initscript and xinetd configuration utility
    xine 0.99.2-1.1.fc3.fr     Applications/Multimedia     Free
multimedia player
    xine-lib 1.0.0-0.17.rc8.1.fc3.fr     Applications/Multimedia
Core library of the xine multimedia player

Any hint?? Tnx for help

--
 Antonio
 Working with Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Linux Fedora Core 3