Linux Word Processors

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Dec 21 15:24:46 UTC 2004

Charles Curley wrote:

> For serious technical documentation, I use DocBook, an XML/SGML DTD
> designed for techincal documents. I would also look at LaTex and
> variations thereon. A lot of large companies like IBM and HP use SGML,
> as does the U.S. Air Force and other government agencies, for
> technical documentation.

To add to this.  Many of our scientists use LaTex for technical
papers.  The Windows users were so frustrated with trying to get
things formatted in Word and the LaTex users were not having problems.

There was a review of OOo 2.0 preRelease that I read today and it was
quited good.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20293

--
Robin Laing