Global startup file?

Andoni andonilist at eurokom.ie
Tue Dec 21 17:11:32 UTC 2004

Ok, further investigation on the web has show that the place for environment variables to be set globally is /etc/profile.

I have put debugging code in here and found the exact section that is causing the output.

Can somebody now tell me how to turn off echo while this section is running?

Thanks,
Andoni.