firefox and java

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Dec 21 23:36:15 UTC 2004

On 12/21/2004 02:22:01 PM, Claude Jones wrote:

> You got close. Look again and see if you see
> /usr/lib/firefox-1.0/plugins
> That's where you have to put the link... I just went through this.

The easiest way imho to do the Java plugin is to use JPackage.

http://www.jpackage.org/

I have a small tutorial for the 1.4.2 J2SDK

http://mpeters.us/linux/j2sdk.php

If you want 1.5 J2SDK (which I believe is technically a development
branch, but *may* be needed for some apps) you can use one of the
nosrc.rpm's at JPackage.org to create a JPackage rpm for the J2SDK you
want.