firefox and java

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 00:02:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:22:01 -0500, Claude Jones
<claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:

> | OK, makes sense.  The closest I could find to "firefox/plugins"
> | was the directory /usr/lib/firefox-0.10.1.  I created a
> | subdirectory "plugins" and put the link
> | to /usr/java/jre1.5.0/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> | there.  I still keep getting these perplexing firefox messages
> | (now from several webpages.)
> |

> You got close. Look again and see if you see
> /usr/lib/firefox-1.0/plugins
> That's where you have to put the link... I just went through this.
>
> Claude Jones
> Bluemont, VA, USA

Check /usr/lib and verify that you only have the one firefox
directory.  Various repositories create directories in the form of
"firefox" or "firefox-xx.x".  You may have Firefox installed in
multiple locations.

If there is only the firefox-0.10.1 directory, verify that the
symbolic links within plugins are valid:

# cd /usr/lib/firefox-0.10.1/plugins
# ls -l

There should be no red-colored text present.  If there are, the link
associated with that file is broken.  Use "find" or "locate"  to
determine where file for broken link resides.

-- Kam Leo