New kernel won't boot

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 06:15:17 UTC 2004

I've got an FC3 box that is currently running with a kernel.org kernel,
2.6.9.ac11. I just got the ac16 patch set, applied it to a fresh set of
sources, ran "make mrproper", copied in the ac11 .config file, ran "make
oldconfig, make menuconfig, make, make modules_install, make install"
and booted the new kernel.

It died with "Warning unable to open an initial console".

I've fiddled with menuconfig several times, but no luck. Any clues on
how to find my error will be appreciated. Config file attached.

Thanks,

John