Failed to eject the CD in Fedora Core 3

Frank Pineau frank at pineaus.com
Wed Dec 22 13:48:46 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 18:24 +0800, Colin Charles wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 02:06 +0800, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
>
> > I found the CDROM failed to eject the Disc after the umount command
> > completed ok and message "Invalid argument" displayed when perform
> > eject.
>
> Is udev/hotplug running? What is /dev/cdrom say? What does /media/cdrom

I had the same problem until I updated udev.

[fpineau at morbo ~]$ rpm --changelog -q udev |grep cdrom
- fixed udev.rules for cdrom symlinks (bug 141897)
- check for /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info existence in check-cdrom.sh
- added check-cdrom.sh for nice cdrom symlinks
  for e.g. later plugged in cdroms
- applied enumeration patch from David Zeuthen for cdrom symlinks (bug
131532)
[fpineau at morbo ~]$ rpm -q udev
udev-039-10.FC3.6

--
Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it!... Fix it! Fix it! Fix
it!

--Fry
  Futurama - "A Clone of My Own"