Server questions

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Dec 22 18:30:50 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 22.12.2004 schrieb Paul um 19:10:

> I've installed a server without any X support or desktop environment.
> httpd is running happily, but I have a problem with SELinux and also
> configuring what services to start on reboot. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> The problem with SELinux is this:
>
> From rom memory, I need to disable one of the httpd services selinux
> protects, however, system-config-securitylevel-tui has nothing there for
> configuring SELinux, so I'm guessing I have to do it by hand. Without
> changing the SELinux setting, then all I will get is that the httpd
> server has to be run from a directory and not a file.

Are you really sure you "need" to disable SELinux for Apache? Why?

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/

I recommend fixing the situation and not disabling SELinux for this
service. SELinux specific help you can get at "Fedora SELinux support
list for users & developers. <fedora-selinux-list at redhat.com>".

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/index.html#using-s-c-securitylevel

> Which config file contains the list of services to run on reboot as
> well?

Fedora is a System V Linux system. There is no central file containing
the service start/stop configuration. Use "chkconfig" to configure the
runlevel specific service configuration.

> Paul

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:26:18 up 12 days, 14:07, load average: 0.41, 0.65, 0.60