firefox and helper applications.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Wed Dec 22 22:44:47 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 09:49:40AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 06:16:17AM -0600, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> > I asked before and did not get a useful response. I want to define a
> > helper application in firefox that says that let us say:
> > application/pdf  with extension .pdf should be handled by program
> > acroread. This is easy to do in mozilla but no amount of documentation
> > reading shows me how to do this in firefox.
>
> Look in the "Downloads" tab of the preferences.

I know you are trying to be helpful but you answer does not really
help. With firefox open I go to Edit-> preferences-> Downloads

In the window that opens there is one option that seems relevant. Under
file types there is a statement that the associated action will be
performed on the following file types. However this window is empty
and cannot be written to. The only thing I can do is click on the
plugins button which opens another window with columns Extension, File
type and Enabled. This window is also empty so I am stuck,

What am I missing that I should see?

	"And what will you do when you grow up to be as big as me?"
asked the father of his little son.
	"Diet."
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science