refresh IP from dhcp isp

kate kate7234 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 01:07:12 UTC 2004

Re: refresh IP from dhcp isp

>kate wrote:
>
>>FC2:
>>
>>I want to refresh my IP, which has been assigned
>>dynamically by my ISP.
>>How should I do this?
>>

> From the menu choose System Tools, then Network
Device Control, and
>use
>that to deactivate, then activate your ethernet
interface.  If you did
>not make your ethernet interface user controllable,
then you might need
>to run it as root.  From the command-line
system-control-network will
>prompt for root password and provide a network
configuration tool.  But
>you can select and deactivate, then activate
interfaces from there.

>Chris

Thank you, I attempted as you suggested, as root: it
did not change my IP address. I know that in WIN XP, I
can ipconfig ip /release and /renew, so that is what I
am looking for... OR i did something wrong...

thanks
kate