CD drive mounting troubles

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Thu Dec 23 14:33:09 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I've been running Fedora Core 3 for a few weeks now and for the life of
me I can't get the CDRW to mount correctly so I can read CD's. It writes
wonderfully, but to read a disk isn't happening. I get an error message
back from the system that reads:

mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: /dev/hdc already mounted or /media/cdrecorder busy
Please check that the disk is entered correctly.

The fstab entry appears this way:

/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

The floppy works just fine, but the CD drive really has me stumped. Can
someone shed some light on this mystery for me?

thanks,

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."