Can fedora core be installed from Yum repository

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Dec 23 14:47:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 10:12:35AM +0200, Gregory Machin wrote:
> Where are the docks for doing http installs , I looked on
> fedora.redhat.com and could not find the usual veriaty of install
> methodes..?? do you have a link to such info form me :-) thanks a
> million..

Not sure where it's documented specifically for Fedora, but it's the same as
older Red Hat Linux, so all the documentation out there still applies. If
you boot from the small (5MB) boot.iso boot CD, it will immediately ask you
what installation method you want, and http will be one of the choices.

If you boot from the normal CD (disc 1), say "linux askmethod" at the
initial boot prompt, and then you'll be presented with the same question.

Using the full CD if you have it save some bandwidth, as it can avoid
transferring the entire graphical installer at the beginning.

> Origonaly , I was given FC3 as .iso's but don't have cd's to burn to but
> do have dvd's and wanted to create an install dvd from the 4 iso's ...

There's a DVD iso out there too, by the way.