HTML Editor / Bluefish

morpheus morpheus at post.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 23 22:18:31 UTC 2004

Quanta is by far the best open source HTML editor I've ever seen, it
supports not only HTML, but PHP, PERL, JavaScript, shell scripts and
about 100 other formats.  It comes with a GUI-based CVS front end, and
project manager for uploading and maintaining your files on the server.
Other cool features are a multi-file search and replace function, and
autosuggest while typing that lets you choose tags, attributes, values,
PHP functions, etc. from dropdowns.
The package is called kdewebdev, and it comes standard if you install
KDE, so you might already have it (try typing "quanta" at a shell
prompt).  If not, you can get RPMs or apt-get it easily.
-m