Newbie

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Fri Dec 24 03:43:04 UTC 2004

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 10:30:32PM -0500, Mark Weaver wrote:
>
>>>However, if you don't have an extra $50 and have no need for multiple
>>>computers to use the connection, the first option should be fine.
>>
>>wireless is evil! ;)
>

> Sounds like someone is jealous. :)

Oh no...no...no... I'm very happy with my hardwired network. All I've
gotta do is run some cat5, put a data port on the wall and plug in. I
don't particularly care of wireless cause its just not very secure yet.
Its like the old-time party lines where anyone could just pick up and
listen in. Its getting there though. I can think of a few places in my
house where it would definitely be a benefit over a wired connection to
the server and gateway.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."