Newbie

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Fri Dec 24 04:22:10 UTC 2004

Mehdi Bouhalassa wrote:
> Mark Weaver wrote:
>
>>    where "x" is in /dev/hdax above x = the partition number. Since
>>    windows insists on being the first OS on the drive I'm willing
>>    to bet that the device name on your computer is the same as it is
>>    on mine, which would be /dev/hda1. So your fstab entry would look
>>    like this:
>>    /dev/hda1   /mnt/windows   vfat    defaults    0 0
>

> Yes, logically it should work.  I added the line to the FSTAB, and I
> could save it.
>
> But here's what it's giving me:
>
> [root at iq mehdi]# mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows
> mount: special device /dev/hda1 does not exist

check in /dev for the block device hda1. If your system is anywhere near
the same or similar to mine then you should see that item in there and
its probably owned by root.disk.

can you post the output from the command, "df -h"?

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."