Newbie

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Fri Dec 24 04:42:02 UTC 2004

Mehdi Bouhalassa wrote:
> FORGET IT!!
>
> I FOUND IT!!!
>
>   :-DDDD
>
> But that doesn't solve my permissions right...
>
> I'm logged as the only identity available (mine!) which is, by
> definition, admin, no?

well...the perms for this dir should be:

	/mnt/windows dr-xr-wr-w root.root

	ls -l /mnt   [ENTER] will show you what the perms are
         for the /mnt/windows dir.

If you're running as root and not a regular, unprivileged user, knock it
off! ;) thats a bad thing. After you've got a system installed and setup
you should create a user for yourself and only become root when its
necessary. i.e. by opening a terminal, "su" to become root, take care of
business and then "exit" to become yourself again.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."