Newbie

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Dec 24 17:20:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 11:48:53PM -0500, Mehdi Bouhalassa wrote:
> Ok, that's for the version that came with Fedora, but the newer version
> I manually installed cannot be *shortcuted*...

It can, but it's just more of a pain. Right click on the desktop, click
"Create Launcher", and fill in the information.

This is one of several reasons it's really nice to install software in RPM
form when it's available (and packaged properly).

A good place to search for more such software is Fedora Tracker --
<http://www.fedoratracker.org/>.