Newbie

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Fri Dec 24 17:22:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 13:02 -0500, Mehdi Bouhalassa wrote:
> Look what I have...
>
> [root at iq mehdi]# mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/cdrecorder
> mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
>         or too many mounted file systems
>

> And here's my FSTAB file :
>
> LABEL=Linux             /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
> none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
> none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
> none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
> /dev/hdd                /media/cdrom            auto
> pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,ro,exec,noauto,managed
> 0 0
> /dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
> pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,ro,exec,noauto,managed
> 0 0
> /dev/fd0                /media/floppy           auto
> pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

	I don't see an answer here anywhere, so for my 2 cents, you are
experiencing SELinux problems.  Preferred fix is to read the docs,
available at fedora.redhat.com.  Alternately, you can disable SELinux by
going to the System tools-->Security level open the SELinux tab and
unchecking the options there.

Scott