DNS ISSUE WITH CLASSELESS ADDRESS

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Fri Dec 24 20:24:30 UTC 2004

Sid Ramdane wrote:

> I have registered a domain, lets say called *fedora.com, relayed by
> registrar who is not my ISP.
>
> Ftp, SMTP, www, pop3, etc are pointed to lets say a fixed IP address
> 10.10.10.10/32 (IP address I am getting from my ISP).

A 10.X.X.X address is one of the non routable addresses, and if thats
your real IP, then the only way traffic will reach you is if your ISP
NATs that internal to a real external routable IP address, or port
forwards traffic to you. The only way you're likely to have a non
routable address is if you're on the ISP's private network which means
you're at his mercy.

Why not provide real domain names, real IP addresses, etc. If you've
registered a domain, it is supported by 2 dns servers and folks here can
start to track things down for you. You're not helping yourself by
providing misleading information.

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill at ycc.com