FC3 system-config-display

david langton zezidud at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 25 04:06:08 UTC 2004

When I run system-config-display from the GUI interface, I see nothing.  I tried it from a terminal window, and there was a python error that said something about the wrong number of list items.  I agree there should be no need to edit the file by hand, but there is no way to select "generic" from the list, since the list will not display.  The only thing enabled in the monitor selection dialog is the "Cancel" button.  I think something must have screwed up there when I fist installed FC3, with the result that the monitor selection is pre-empted.  (I mean permanently disabled.)

Oh I'll try your system-config-display -reconfig suggestion.  (I assume it is ok to do this in a terminal window?)
Thanks a lot for your quick response.  It is really encouraging to see that this list is active -- even on Christmas eve!

-dvd