FC3 - screen refresh

david langton zezidud at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 25 17:22:33 UTC 2004

With helpful advice from Matthew Mller, I managed to reset my screen resolution to 1024.  But am I satisfied?  Now I want to set the screen refresh rate to 75hz, which is the recommended setting for the (Apple Multiple Scan 20) monitor at that resolution.  In the  GUI interface, there is a Screen Resolution applet under Preferences, but the settings it allows are only 60hz and 70hz.  (The video card is a Chaintech GeForce MX 440, so it can certainly  do it, as I assume the Linux driver can too.)  Can I edit some configuration file somewhere to make the setting directly or enable the applet to allow a 75hz setting in its menu?

Thanks.  (Merriy Christmas.)

-dvd