Alsa problems

Markus Huber humarfedoralists at yahoo.de
Sat Dec 25 17:23:58 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 20.12.2004 schrieb Rob Brown-Bayliss um 22:38:

> Hi, using FC3 I can no longer use esd fro sound, it's just so distored
> to by unlistenable.  I can use OSS, but then only one app can use
> sound at a time.

Did you upgrade or a fresh install. I had the same problem with an
upgrade from FC2.

Hence I use this box as multimedia-box in my living room, I am back to
FC2, but that's not quite the solution for all times. So if anybody
could confirm a working esd from a fresh install, it would be very nice.
Otherwise I would have to wait till FC4.

ALSA worked fine for me throug xmms and xine, but then again: only one
sound source was allowed, which is not always fun, esp. surfing to a
website with sound - which I frequently do.

Regards,
Markus