FC3 - screen refresh

david langton zezidud at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 26 02:31:18 UTC 2004

Yes I have tried this.  According to Apple's specs, the frequencies of this monitor are:
30 - 82 (horizontal)
50 - 120 (vertical)
and I entered these values in the monitor section of xorg.conf, but it doesn't change the available (selectable) values
for refresh rate in the display preferences.  You're right that it is a Sony (trinitron tube), but the only available specifications I can find are at the Apple site.  (Strangely, the specs there disagree sliightly with the specs at the monitorworld site.  Maybe a typo.)  Are ther any other ideas for setting the screen refresh to 75Hz?

--David
You wrote:
/etc/X11/xorg.conf

Set the horizontal and vertical frequencies to those of the monitor.
Restart X and the best possible refresh rates will be chosen for the
given resolutions.  Also if you go to Applications->System->Settings-
>Display and find your monitor.  I did not see any Apple monitors there,
but chances are Apple did not make it anyway.  It's probably a Sony or
an NEC.

Specs at:

http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/apple/multiplescan20m1823.html

Bob...