Evolution 2.0.2 Filter Problem

Chris Ruprecht chrisr at ruprecht.org
Sun Dec 26 02:43:12 UTC 2004

Merry Christmas, Bob,

On Sat, 2004-12-25 at 10:01 -0500, Bob Chiodini wrote:
> Good Morning and Merry Christmas:
>
> I've installed FC3 X86_64 and experiencing a problem with Evolution
> 2.0.2.  I've set up a filter to move email from this list into a unique
> folder.  I set Receiving Options to filter messages in the INBOX.
>
> The problem is that unless I have the INBOX "folder" open (selected) the
> incoming messages are not filtered.  Manually applying filters correctly
> moves the messages.  This is not how evolution 1.4.x works, messages
> were filtered regardless of which folder was selected.  BTW:  Server is
> IMAP.

I have set up my mail server to filter messages on the server using
procmail. That way, messages get filtered as they arrive, regardless
what email client I use (Evolution, MacOS X' Maill.app or Squirrel
Mail).
I created a .procmailrc, the Fedore entry in there is
# Fedora Core mailing list

:0:
* ^TO_*fedora-list at redhat.com*
${MAILDIR}/Lists/Fedora

This works perfectly ever since I set this up. Have a closer look at
procmail (google for 'procmail filter setup' get you a lot of good
results).

Best regards,
Chris

--
Don't ask me nothin' about nothin' - I might just tell you the
truth ...