Font Viewer doesn't work in FC3 after udgrading from FC2

Kristian Poul Herkild kristian at herkild.dk
Sun Dec 26 12:42:10 UTC 2004

After having updated from FC2 to FC3 and having done approx. 250
downloads (and spending a couple of days) to fix the broken
dependencies, I'm now more happy. Menues shows danish characters
properly (except for one) and most things work :)

The only thing still not working is the Font Viewer. When I try to open
a font in Nautilus, I keep getting the message that the file couldn't be
showed. And yes, I'm using Gnome.

Where do I fix this problem? Since I spend a lot of time on creating
fonts it would be nice to see what they look like, without having to
start FontForge every single time. Or even worse: installing an
unfinished font to see what it looks like in abiword or openoffice -
that's a lot of work when it has to be done constantly :(

Kind Regards
Kristian Poul Herkild