new fedora core3 installation

cfk cfk at pacbell.net
Sun Dec 26 17:10:27 UTC 2004

Gentlemen:

	I have just installed fedora core 3 on an Intel i810 motherboard where fedora
core2 was working previously.

	I seem to have fubar'ed the display settings as I get a bunch of vertical
lines after the KDE window manager boots. The system displays correctly
during some boot screens, somewhat inconsistently. For instance, I was able
to fill out the firstboot screens including setting the display to 1600x1200
and "thousands of colors" (16bit).

	I suspect that I merely need to incantate inside the XF86-config file, but I
cannot seem to get a terminal window without X. Alt-Ctrl-F1 doesnt work
anymore on this particular system, and I dont remember how to tell grub how
to boot to run level 1 or 3.

	Can someone offer me a suggestion or two out of my dilemna?

Charles