Changing default browser in KDE

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Mon Dec 27 01:30:57 UTC 2004

I've given up on getting Evolution to sync with my Clie, but I've found that
KPilot syncs with it just dandy.  So I'm now using KMail for my e-mail.

I would like to use Firefox as my default web browser.  I've changed the file
associations in KControl so that html files bring up Firefox instead of
Konqueror, but this seems to be a problem for php files.  When I click a
link, it looks like KDE downloads the file and tries to open it locally
instead of sending Firefox straight to the site.  I tried adding *.php to the
list of file extensions associated with Firefox, but that didn't do the
trick.

Any thoughts?