configuring a keyboard shortcut on GNOMe

mnikhil m mnikhil.juno at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 08:30:28 UTC 2004

Hi,
Happy Christmas and Happy New Year to all of You :)

I am using GNOME on my new Fedora Core 3 Desktop , How can I configure
my keyboard Shorcut to have restart when ever I press my Num-Side '/'
, so that When Ever I press '/' on Numpad of my Keyboard the System
should actually restart.the privileges should not matter at any case
as it is a single Desktop and currently I am the only person using it
, So Shutdown should not ask for root privileges.

I think its to be done some where with the help of 'gconf-editor' ,
can some please guide me how to , or Should I simply change the
<Ctrl><Alt><Del> Sequence with Numpad's '/' in /etc/inittab file.
Which one is the good practice ?

Thanks,
Nikhil

 °v°