xawtv

Bayrouni bayrouni at brutele.be
Mon Dec 27 09:08:43 UTC 2004

Hello all,

When I launch xawtv I have the following:
    $ xawtv -noxv
    /dev/video0 [v4l2]: no overlay support
    v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway.
    Is there any idea to fix it.?
    I am using kernel 2.6.9 debian sid and MSI at nywhere tv card (driver
    conexant cx8800 compiled in the kernel)
    I can see vhs with xawtv but cannot capture them :(
    Is the option -noxv mandatory  to capture?
    Another question:
    I  have'nt the device v4l in /dev,
    it seems that the /dev/video0 replace it?
    Is it true?

Thanks for all.