Versioning file system...

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Mon Dec 27 12:36:44 UTC 2004

Does anybody know of some good versioning file system for FC? I heard of
some, but most of them seem to be experimental, so I'm not much inclined
to use them.

For "versioning" I mean something which takes the RCS (or CVS)
philosophy to the file system level. Something like VMS was use to do
(does it still exist?), i.e. just keeping several copies of the same
file with a version number appended would not be enough: VMS didn't hold
difference, just put away new copies (very space consuming, maybe even
for modern disks).

Best regards.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico