Resize NTFS while installing FC3

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Mon Dec 27 13:44:39 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Mo, den 27.12.2004 schrieb Fabio um 14:14:
>

>>Has FC3 a tool to resize NTFS and FAT partitions while installing?
>>

>No, it has not. NTFS support is not included at all due to license
>issues.
>

>>fabio
>>

>You could use one of the rescue CDs available to resize an existing
>partition using (qt)parted.
>
>Alexander

In this case, it's still a good idea to defragment & backup it first. I
had problems trying to use qtparted to resize/repartition a ntfs
partition. Even after defrag, there remained some data in the end of the
disk that didn't allow qtparted to resize it appropriately. In the end,
I just reformatted the whole thing.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University