.rpm question

Mezei Zoltan mz269 at hszk.bme.hu
Mon Dec 27 15:35:04 UTC 2004

Hi!

I have two .rpm files, both installed now by forcing:
oracle-instantclient-basic-10.1.0.3-1.i386.rpm
php-oci8-4.3.2-19.ent-tf.i386.rpm

My problem is that the first one provides oracle-instantclient-basic, but
the second one requires libclntsh.so.10.1 instead:

[root at cr src]# rpm -q --provides oracle-instantclient-basic
oracle-instantclient-basic = 10.1.0.3-1

[root at cr i386]# rpm -q --requires php-oci8
config(php-oci8) = 4.3.2-19.ent-ft
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libclntsh.so.10.1
php = 4.3.2-19.ent-tf
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1

How can I solve this dependency problem? Can I insert something to either
the PROVIDES or the REQUIRES file inside the rpm-s? Is there maybe an
option I can use in the .spec file to achive this?

I think the .spec file attaches libclntsh.so.10.1 dependency
automatically. In addition to inserting to the REQUIRES file I should be
able to delete this dep also.

Any suggestion?
--
Zizi

"Meg nincs teljesen kesz, de mar majdnem elkezdtuk!"