Resize NTFS while installing FC3

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 19:12:36 UTC 2004

--- Fabio <fmdf at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has FC3 a tool to resize NTFS and FAT partitions
> while installing?
>
> If yes, do I have to perform any actions before
> resizing (like to defragment
> or anything else)?
>
> Thanks to all of you who will reply.
>
> fabio
>
> --

Fabio,
    You can resize FAT partitions but not NTFS.  If
you can go ahead and get systemrescuecd from
(http://www.sysresccd.org/).  It can resize
ntfs,fat32, fat16, ... and more and set up different
filesystems at once.  But before you resize your
FAT/NTFS depending on what you have,  please run
checkdisk to check for errors and then run defragment.
 After all this is done, then you can attempt to
resize the partition and/or install Fedora Core.  This
is to help you protect your data.

Regards,

Antonio