fresh install

Tony Dietrich td at transoft.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 27 19:35:31 UTC 2004

The only caveat is that you need to save the uid and gid for the user(s).

you need to make sure that the uid and gid of the user(s) on the new
installation matches those on the old installation.

or chgrp and chown the directories once you've copied them onto the new drive
to match the user's uid and gid on the new installation.

The most obvious symptom if you don't do this is that you won't get X to
start! (Assuming you are using X :p)

TD