FC3 crashes on logout

Lin Tse Hsu evfreek at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 20:51:16 UTC 2004

Hi.  I am experiencing the Linux BSOD crash (mouse
pointer freezes, ctrl-alt-delete does not work, have
to power cycle machine, boot says filesystem not shut
down cleanly) when I logout as user.  I just pull down
the menu at the top of the screen and select logout.

What is going on when a user logs out?  Are there some
special programs run?  /var/log does not have any
information like "now crashing in logout demon
fritzyfritz".  Is there any place that this logout run
list is kept so it can be debugged or monitored?

Thanks.