system-config-network not working (FC3)

Jim Dishaw (dishawjp) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Mon Dec 27 22:41:02 UTC 2004

> Configuration Wizard (or a similar name) under System Tools.

Thanks for the response.  I did find "configuration editor"
under system tools, but that did not help me in setting up
"locale."  I also found "Internet Configuration Wizard" but
that died just like "system-config-network" did.  I'm not sure, but isn't that just the menu link to "system-config-network"?  In any event, it won't run, probably
due to the fact that my "locale" is improperly configured.

Issuing the command "locale" as root gives the following output.
[code]
[root at eunix ~]# locale
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
[root at eunix ~]#
[/code]

I think that until I correct that, I will not be able to use
those network configuration tools.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org