PHP with Apache2 and Oracle 10g

A. Contreras fedcore3 at alias.hotpop.com
Mon Dec 27 23:21:41 UTC 2004

I have installed the following on my FC3 server:
Apache2 2.0.52
PHP 4.3.10
Oracle 10.1.0

The webserver and PHP module were working fine, but I was having issues
getting the database connections to work. I decided to recompile PHP
with all the proper environment variables set, just in case I missed
something the first time around. I shut down Apache, recompiled PHP,
restarted Apache.

Much to my surprise, the web server decided to look in /var/www/html for
files, instead of the httpd.conf directory, /usr/local/apache2/htdocs.
Furthermore, PHP files are not served properly.

Here's what I passed to configure (as reported in config.nice)
'./configure' \
'--with-oci8=/usr/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1' \
'--enable-ftp' \
'--with-mysql' \
'--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs' \
'--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/conf' \

Other than that, the variables I set were:
ORACLE_HOME /usr/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1
ORACLE_SID currel
LD_LIBRARY_PATH  /usr/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1/lib
LD_PRELOAD /usr/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1

and modified /etc/ld.so.conf to add the path to Oracle libraries.

What do I fail to see as the cause of this sudden change in Apache2
behavior?

Thanks,

Antonio