Some sites don't work with Firefox (FC3)?

Dave fedora-user at nospam.dnsalias.org
Tue Dec 28 03:46:18 UTC 2004

> > Dave wrote:
> >> OK, here's an interesting glitch I have no clue about. Several
> >> websites I tried today don't like Firefox. Trying to access
> >> www.sfbc.com (Science Fiction Book Club), I get "Bad request. Your
> >> browser sent a query this server could not understand."  Trying to
> >> get to www.woodline.com (router bits), I get just plain "Bad request"

OK, figured it out ... or rather figured out how to fix it without
understanding exactly what the problem was. Something in the preferences
imported from Mozilla was glitching things up. Deleted the Firefox
preferences directory, restarted it, and told it not to import
anything--voila! I don't have any of my settings, of course, but at least it
works now ...